Patrick Bobyn’s practice areas are primarily business law, real estate, and financial institution security.
Patrick focuses on providing efficient, effective and cost-friendly services to his clients. He places an emphasis on building a trusting relationship with those he works with, and prides himself on being able to assist his clients with accomplishing their unique legal needs.
He has extensive experience in business law services, including asset and share purchase transactions, corporate incorporations and reorganizations, leasing, franchising, corporate governance issues, and negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial agreements. His real estate practice includes assisting both commercial and residential clients in all matters relating to real estate acquisition, subdivision, development and financing. He also has significant experience working with financial institutions representing both lenders and borrowers with routine and complex lending transactions.
Patrick was born and raised in Kelowna and received a Bachelor of Science (Honours Biology) from the University of British Columbia (Okanagan) in 2011, and his Master of Management from the University of British Columbia (Okanagan) in 2013. Patrick received his Juris Doctor from the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law in 2016. After completing his term as an Articling Student with Pushor Mitchell LLP, Patrick was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2017.
Away from the office he enjoys watching and playing hockey, golfing, cycling, and hiking and spending time with his wife and son.
*Providing services through a law corporation.
- Purchase and sale of businesses, asset sales, share sales
- Formation of Corporations, Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Societies, corporate finance transactions
- Franchising for the Franchisor and Franchisee
- Advising and preparing of commercial contracts, commercial lending and finance agreements
- Purchase, sale and refinancing of residential and commercial real estate including new construction, existing property, and strata units
- Advising and preparing of commercial contracts, commercial lending and finance agreements.