Patrick Bobyn is an associate lawyer with Pushor Mitchell who practices in the areas of Business Law, Real Estate, and Wills, Estates and Trusts.
Patrick’s practice focuses on providing efficient, effective and cost-friendly services to his clients. He places an emphasis on building a trusting relationship with those he works with and prides himself on being able to assist his clients with accomplishing their unique legal matters.
Patrick has been involved in a wide range of business law matters including asset and share purchase transactions, corporate incorporations and reorganizations, commercial financing, leasing, commercial and residential transactions. He also has advised many societies and not-for-profits with incorporating, bylaw drafting and review and corporate governance. Patrick also practices in franchise law and has advised both franchisors and franchisees.
Patrick enjoys being active in the community. He is currently a director of the Central Okanagan Food Bank. He has also spent many years volunteering with minor hockey and recently was the General Manager of the Okanagan Rockets of the British Columbia Major Midget Hockey League.
Patrick was born and raised in Kelowna and received a Bachelor of Science (Honours Biology) from the University of British Columbia (Okanagan) in 2011, and his Master of Management from the University of British Columbia (Okanagan) in 2013. Patrick received his Juris Doctor from the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law in 2016. During his time at Law School Patrick was the President of the UBC Sport, Entertainment and Law Society and the General Manager (and player) on the UBC Law ‘Legal Eagles’ Hockey Team. After completing his term as an Articling Student with Pushor Mitchell LLP, Patrick was called to the Bar of British Columbia in 2017. Away from the office he enjoys watching and playing hockey, golfing, cycling, and hiking.
- Purchase and sale of businesses, asset sales, share sales
- Formation of Corporations, Joint Ventures, Partnerships, Societies, corporate finance transactions
- Franchising for the Franchisor and Franchisee
- Advising and preparing of commercial contracts, commercial lending and finance agreements
- Purchase, sale and refinancing of residential and commercial real estate including new construction, existing property, and strata units
- Advising and preparing wills, representation agreements and trusts