Keith is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a practice focused primarily on advising companies and underwriters with respect to public and private financings, asset and share purchases, mergers and acquisitions, amalgamations, plans of arrangement, take-over and issuer bids, reverse takeovers, changes of business and corporate restructurings and reorganizations.
Keith has advised on many corporate financing matters for private and public corporations, both domestic and international, including long-form, short-form, shelf, capital pool company, crowdfunding, bought deal, agency and underwritten prospectus offerings. Keith also assists companies with their securities reporting and compliance obligations, corporate governance and general commercial drafting requirements. Keith has been the founder and a director of multiple public companies.
Keith obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree (with distinction) from the University of Alberta in 2005. Prior to joining Pushor Mitchell, Keith was based in Calgary, Alberta and was a partner in the Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Finance Group of a leading global law firm.
Having started his legal career in Alberta, Keith is qualified to provide legal advice on matters pertaining to both British Columbia and Alberta laws.
Away from the office, Keith enjoys cycling, the theatre and spending time outdoors with his wife and son. Keith is an active member of the Métis Nation of Alberta.
*Providing services through a law corporation.
- Advising on all aspects of capital structuring, financing and securities compliance for public and private companies
- Formations of Corporations, Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Mergers & acquisitions, restructurings and corporate finance transactions
- Negotiating and advising on complex commercial matters
- Purchase and sale of businesses, asset and share purchase and sales
- Advising on corporate and share structures for start-up businesses