Alison Cathcart is a commercial litigator at Pushor Mitchell LLP.
Alison assists businesses through almost every type of dispute that can arise in the business context, including breach of contract cases, partnership and joint venture disputes, negligence cases and other business torts, construction disputes, breach of confidence concerns, breach of fiduciary duty allegations and shareholder issues.
Alison also regularly advises business clients respecting the rules and decisions made by government boards, tribunals and agencies, including when businesses wish to have these administrative decisions reviewed by the courts. For example, Alison assists business clients with Agricultural Land Commission matters.
Alison is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia. She has lived and practiced law as a commercial litigator in each of the prairie provinces and remains a member of the Law Society of Alberta.
In her spare time, Alison can be found reading crime fiction or undertaking various types of activities with her husband and friends, often under the pretext of exercise with the real goal of eating great food and socializing after the activity is finished.
- Assisting business clients through disputes that arise in the business context
- Providing business clients with advice respecting available options for resolving disputes
- Negotiating on behalf of business clients to achieve early resolution of disputes where possible and when desired
- Bringing and defending litigation claims on behalf of business clients to best achieve the client’s goals with respect to the business dispute
- Assisting business clients with construction disputes
- Assisting business clients with advice respecting the decisions which will be or have been made by government boards, tribunals and agencies
- Assisting business clients to challenge decisions made by government boards, tribunals and agencies
- Advising business clients with respect to Agricultural Land Commission matters