Still Time To Register For Real Estate Development On First Nations Land Conference
There is still time to register for the Pacific Business & Law Institute Real Estate Development on First Nation Lands two-day conference where Pushor Mitchell Partner Andrea East is a co-chair and presenter.
The conference takes place in person at UBC Robson Square in Vancouver, on November 17 and 17, 2023, including a live webinar. Andrea will be co-chairing the event with Janelle Dwyer, Partner at Mandell Pinder LLP.
This comprehensive two-day forum assembles expert faculty, from a variety of perspectives, with extensive experience dealing with real estate development on First Nation lands. They will review the various legal processes, offer insights on negotiations, and highlight the practical considerations and key elements of successful projects. Key areas to be addressed include:
- How to navigate the different land regimes and the laws that can impact development
- How to structure and draft headleases and sub-leases
- Case studies and lessons learned from important development projects in BC
- The application of provincial laws including the Residential Tenancy Act
- How to structure development deals
- How to build relationships between First Nations and municipalities and prepare successful servicing agreements
- Upcoming changes to the land code regime.
Andrea East is a Partner with Pushor Mitchell LLP and practices in the Area of Business Law, Real Estate, Real Estate Development and First Nations Law. She guides her clients through complex commercial transactions and real estate projects, and she strives for excellence with every task. She helps each client to fully grasp the processes and legal issues they face by giving clear, practical advice and making complex projects and developments more understandable.
To learn more or register for the event, click HERE.