Organizational Health and Wellness Summit 2015
Pushor Mitchell LLP is proud partner with Diversified Rehabilitation Group in presenting the Organizational Health and Wellness Summit October 22-23, 2015 at the beautiful Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in Kelowna, BC.
The Organizational Health and Wellness Summit will explore new frontiers of workplace health promotion and prevention. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for business leaders, union representatives, OH&S, frontline practitioners, HR professionals and researchers, to learn about the latest strategies for improving mental and physical health in Canadian workplaces.
Canadian employers are facing relentless pressures to reduce absenteeism, presenteeism, disability costs and to improve productivity and corporate bottom line. The speakers and their interactive sessions will focus on how these challenges are interconnected and that the best way forward is to “connect the dots.” The speakers and participants will work together towards developing an integrated, comprehensive and cost-effective framework that can be implemented in their organizations to address top-of-mind concerns that include the following:
- Reducing absenteeism and presenteeism;
- Reducing risks to psychological health and safety in workplaces;
- Improving employee engagement in existing wellness initiatives;
- Enabling employer-union collaboration to achieve health and wellness goals;
- Implementing best practices for work disability prevention;
- Taking a collaborative approach to return-to-work;
- Aligning health, safety and wellness initiatives with corporate strategy;
- Making a leadership commitment to creating healthier and safer workplaces;
- Encouraging a culture of wellness by engaging employees and employers.
Set in the beautiful Okanagan Valley with its abundance of top-rated wineries, the Summit is also an ideal place for networking and learning from other participants. The Summit reception and dinner will be held at Summerhill Winery, featuring Chef Jonas Stadtlander and organic, award-winning wines.
To register, or to view the exceptional line-up of speakers, including Pushor Mitchell’s employment lawyer Alf Kempf, please view the Summit webpage at Organizational Health and Wellness Summit 2015.