Let’s Talk – Our Labour and Employment Group
At Pushor Mitchell, we advise a wide range of clients on labour and employment issues relating to union and non-union settings in both the public and private sector throughout British Columbia. Rather than you give a blurb about all of the things our employment law group does we thought we would focus on some of the more unusual and innovative services offered by the group.
- As an employer if you have harassment or other human rights complaints we can conduct investigations either on our own or working with contractors which will resolve the complaints or provide reliable evidence which can be used in subsequent proceedings.
- We can provide second opinions on cases you are involved in which seem to be bogged down or you have doubts about.
- We can conduct a quick review of your employment law compliance and give you a set of priorities to remedy issues and a budget to go with it.
- We can provide you with employment contracts which will significantly reduce your exposure to severance pay.
- We can review and revise your employment policies or create new state of the art policies.
- We can provide training to your employees in all manner of employment related matters customized to your business.
- We can provide referrals to good human resource professionals.
- We can be creative about fees. We can provide budgets. We are able to structure fees based on results. We can use the project management model.
- We can help employees with legal issues including Workers’ Compensation and Long Term Disability Claims.
- We can provide quick advice on your exposure to severance pay and we can “paper” the termination usually within an hour or two.
- We can review and challenge your Worksafe assessment rate to ensure that you are not paying too much for your Worksafe insurance.
- We appeal unfavorable administrative or regulatory decisions for you.
- Since we operate as a team there is always someone here to help you if your regular lawyer is away or busy.
We would be happy to discuss your requirements with you! Please do not hesitate to contact one of our employment lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.