A professional and talented staff group is the backbone of any successful law firm. We look for people that have demonstrated initiative and flexibility as well as solid communication skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Come see why we won an award for Canada’s Top 100 Small/Medium Employers 2017!
We currently have the following opportunities available:
Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Gathers information relating to P.I. files
- Prepares court forms, pleadings and other legal documents
- Takes initiative for file management, drafting correspondence, briefs, etc.
- Manages client/file information and sets up organizational systems to manage the information on files
- Initial client contact
- The ideal candidate will have a strong legal background in Litigation, and appropriate legal education.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products
- Ability to manage files and produce documents with speed and accuracy
- Solid teamwork skills, organization, collaboration and communication skills
Corporate Legal Assistants and/or Paralegals
We have both permanent and temporary opportunities available in our solicitor based practices for maternity replacements as well as newly created corporate roles.
Duties and Responsibilities (varies depending on position) and may include:
- Assisting Lawyers in the preparation of documents
- Responding to client inquiries and handle routine corporate tasks independently
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system
- Creating and maintaining corporate minute books, all types of dividends and all related annual maintenance, incorporations, share transactions, and corporate records
- Commercial Lending transactions
- Solid legal experience preferred and appropriate legal education required
- Proficiency in MS Office products
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in tax law would be an asset (role specific)
- Knowledge with societies acts would be an asset (role specific)
We thank all applicants for your interest in our firm, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to provide your resume, references and school transcripts, in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
Benefits and Compensation
We reward your dedication and efforts with a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive compensation program that reflects your education and experience, a bonus program and professional development opportunities. Our benefits package includes:
- BC Medical Services
- Dental care
- Long term disability
- Extended health
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Group RSP / deferred profit sharing
- HealthCare Spending Account
We support and encourage the physical, social and emotional well-being of all members of the firm with a Wellness Program that includes both fitness credits and wellness reimbursements.
One of the best things about working at Pushor Mitchell is the people. We are fortunate to have a talented hard working group that knows how to get the job done and how to have a little fun while doing so.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to meeting you and exploring if our opportunity is the right fit for you!