We are in the business of helping business succeed. For over 40 years we have been assisting businesses of all sizes achieve their objectives. We do so by gaining a deep understanding of our client’s business and then working hard to help clients grow and succeed.
Our clients include emerging businesses and well established corporations across most sectors of the economy. Whether it is a routine transaction such as a business registration or an innovative approach to corporate restructuring, we deal with virtually all aspects of business law including:
- Business Registrations
- Federal, Provincial, Extra-Provincial and Cross Border Incorporations, Unlimited Liability Incorporations, Corporate Agency
- Minute Book Maintenance, Annual Filings and Corporate Governance
- Registered Records Office
- Regulatory Compliance including Securities Compliance
Commercial Advisory Services
- Business Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales
- Business Formation, Limited Partnerships, Joint Ventures, Societies including non-profit and charitable, Bare Trusts, Unit and Investment Trusts, Co-ops
- Corporate Restructuring, Amalgamations, Freezes, and other Tax Motivated Transactions
- Financing Arrangements including all forms of Debt and Equity Transactions, Real Property and Personal Property Security, Equipment Financing
- Partnership and Shareholder Agreements, Voting Trusts, Contracts, Leasing, Contractor Agreements, Escrow Agreements and Escrow Agent Services
We also provide specialized business law services which are detailed in separate practice profiles:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
Some brief summaries of selected transactions or continuing client relationships. Inclusion in the list has been authorized by our clients:
- Represented a family owned company in its buy-out of family members, including negotiation of the terms of transaction.
- Acted as British Columbia counsel to a Western-Canadian pharmacy chain in its recent financing.
- Represented a brewery in its reverse take-over of a publicly listed beer company.
- Completed a cross-border merger of a private Canadian software company with a private American company.
- Represent a local start-up technology company, including assisting the company with its incorporation, extra-provincial registration and initial financing rounds.
- Represented a Canadian mining company in the sale of its gold mine interests to a public American mining company.
- Assisted with both the purchase and sale of ski resorts and with negotiations for Master Development Agreements with the Crown for ski resorts.
- Assisted with the sales of privately owned utilities.
- Acted for a private British Columbia software company in a merger with a Bermuda based software company.
- Represented a British Columbia mining company in the acquisition and disposition of foreign mining interests.
- Act as counsel to post secondary institutions in the Okanagan Valley.
- Assisted area golf courses and ski resorts with their financings.
- Completed transaction involving the purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial aircraft.
- Corporate counsel to BC division of a national media organization with numerous media outlets in BC.
- Act as counsel for various parties in the fruit growing and wine industries, including land owners, wineries, fruit processing, marketing and packing facilities.
- Act as corporate and franchise counsel for national retail franchisor with over 200 franchise locations across Canada.
- Acted for potential purchaser of partnership interest of NHL team.
- Acted for insurance solution software firm in complex licensing agreement with large US insurance firm.
- Acted for large northern BC timber product manufacturer in negotiating and finalizing agreements with international lumber company.
- Act as corporate counsel for a Western-Canadian oil and gas company with projects across BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Represented a developer in the completion and registration of an air space subdivision plan that resulted in the first air space parcel for a residential /commercial project in Kelowna.
Our business lawyers draw on the specialized knowledge of other firm lawyers to provide comprehensive advice for each client’s unique circumstances. If litigation is necessary our commercial litigation lawyers step in to defend our clients’ interests.
We can assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our business lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.
- Call Date: 1980 250.869.1185 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1982 250.869.1110 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 1988 250.869.1165 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1990 250.869.1150 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 1996 250.869.1130 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1996 250.869.1160 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 1997 250.869.1125 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2004 250.869.1245 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2005 250.869.1195 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1210 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1135 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1140 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2011 250.869.1220 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2013 250.869.1226 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2016 250-869-1295 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2016 250.869.1156 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2017 250-869-1286 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2020 250.869.1122 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2022 250.869.1194 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
Valley First Credit Union
As a fast growing local financial institution, our needs for a partner with deep knowledge of the local market, diverse legal expertise and a commitment to serving the business community became paramount. With its experience and history in the Okanagan, Pushor Mitchell was the obvious choice for Valley First. We’ve partnered with Pushor Mitchell for well over 15 years and have built a strong relationship built on mutual trust and respect. They understand our needs and vision – and make the perfect partner for any company looking to grow their business.Paulette Rennie, PresidentValley First Credit Union
Worman Homes/Worman Commercial
We have been clients of Pushor Mitchell’s since we moved to Kelowna over 20 years ago. When my wife, Lisa, and I took on the role of volunteer organizers for the Terry Fox Run in Kelowna, the staff and lawyers at Pushor Mitchell came on board in a BIG way. Each year, donating their time, energy & dollars to fund cancer research. It makes us feel good to support a local law firm that has openly embraced a cause that is so important to us. Pushor Mitchell truly does follow the principle of supporting the community in which they live and work.Shane WormanProprietor, Worman Homes/Worman Commercial
Paul Tonita was without a doubt wonderful to deal with. Knowledgeable, expert advice and friendly – was an absolute pleasure.
Theresa Arsenault has been my lawyer for the last ten years. I would highly recommend Ms. Arsenault to any business or developer needing expertise in complex contractual negotiations, detailed review, expert advice, as well as First Nations work. Ms. Arsenault has consistently impressed us with her speed, thoroughness, and dedication to our company as a whole. She looks out for our best interests and makes sure that we are informed to the highest degree possible. Troika is pleased to have Pushor Mitchell and Ms. Arsenault working with us on some of our largest files and largest developments. They are an incredible team that look after their clients.Renee WasylykTroika Group