Sue’s practice deals with all areas of business law, real estate law and estate planning.
Her client base is quite diverse and includes lending institutions, government institutions, business owners and many individuals. Her background is such that she can assist clients with the full range of business advisory services as well as all aspects of an estate plan, from conception and implementation to the eventual administration.
Sue has significant experience working with financial institutions representing both lenders and borrowers with both routine and complex lending transactions. This includes negotiating and drafting many different types of financing and security documentation.
Sue also enjoys working on commercial business transactions and particularly on the strategizing , planning negotiating stages as well as the drawing of the documents and the closing of the transaction. She also has considerable experience in the area of commercial leasing.
She also has had the opportunity to head teams of Pushor Mitchell lawyers and staff on large institutional projects. Her approach is to ensure all legal work is completed at the appropriate level and provide quality cost effective services in a timely manner.
Sue earned her science degree from the University of British Columbia and her law degree from Dalhousie University. She was called to the bar in 1989, she started with Pushor Mitchell and relocated to Kelowna in 1991, and joined the partnership in 1997.
Away from the office, there just doesn’t seem to be any spare time as Sue is normally on the run keeping up with her young family and their activities.
- Negotiating and advising on complex commercial contracts.
- Preparing and advising on commercial lending and finance matters.
- Estate Planning – Wills, Representation Agreements and Discretionary Trusts.
- Commercial leasing.
- Purchase, sale and refinancing of residential and commercial real estate including new construction, existing property, and strata units on freehold or leasehold property.
- First Nations financing, leasing and property transactions.