A professional and talented staff group is the backbone of any successful law firm. We look for people that have demonstrated initiative and flexibility as well as solid communication skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Legal Assistant in our Conveyance department.
Our successful candidate will have experience and must be able to complete residential and commercial conveyances from start to finish. The applicant will have strong communication skills, will be very detail-oriented and must be highly organized. Responsibilities will also involve interacting with clients by phone and email.
Job Requirements may include:
- Preparation of sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential conveyancing.
- Correspond with clients, solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents.
- Dealing with contracts, title reviews, and mortgage payouts.
- Preparing statement of adjustments and reconciliations.
- Checking emails and voicemails for vacation relief and directing to the appropriate assistant and/or lawyer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of a recognized Legal Assistant program is required.
- 2+ years experience in Land Title Systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of lease agreements.
- Proficient in BC Online; e-filing.
- High attention to detail.
- A passion for providing superior client service.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated setting.
- Ability to multi-task and frequently organize workload.
- Experience with programs such as Worldox, EConveyance and Aderant are an asset.
We reward your commitment and efforts with a competitive Total Compensation program, an annual Bonus program, monthly Wellness credits and personal learning and Professional Development opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended Health and Dental, a Health Spending Account, and a matching RSP program.
Apply in confidence via email with resume to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Contact us to learn more and explore opportunities by applying in confidence via email to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our firm, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits and Compensation
We reward your dedication and efforts with a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive compensation program that reflects your education and experience, a bonus program and professional development opportunities. Our benefits package includes:
- BC Medical Services
- Dental care
- Long term disability
- Extended health
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Group RSP / deferred profit sharing
- HealthCare Spending Account
We support and encourage the physical, social and emotional well-being of all members of the firm with a Wellness Program that includes both fitness credits and wellness reimbursements.
One of the best things about working at Pushor Mitchell is the people. We are fortunate to have a talented hard working group that knows how to get the job done and how to have a little fun while doing so.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to meeting you and exploring if our opportunity is the right fit for you!