A professional and talented staff group is the backbone of any successful law firm. We look for people that have demonstrated initiative and flexibility as well as solid communication skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Corporate / Commercial Legal Assistant or Paralegal
Pushor Mitchell LLP is currently seeking a Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant or Paralegal to join our team. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere where growth, professional development and team work is supported.
Job Requirements may include:
- Preparation of documentation for leasing transactions, including long term leases of Westbank First Nation land;
- Preparation of documentation for setting up and providing ongoing maintenance services for limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and joint ventures;
- Preparation of documentation for commercial purchase and sale transactions (assets and/or shares), completing all due diligence searches and reviewing, and preparation of management, employment and shareholders agreements;
- Preparation of documentation relating to all aspects of basic and professional incorporations, alterations to notice of articles, all share transactions, all types of ITA exchanges, rollovers and transactions, continuations and restorations, amalgamations and dissolutions;
- Preparation, registration and completion of commercial lending transactions for lenders;
- Preparation of necessary documents for commercial real estate property transactions;
- Processing client accounts;
- Other general legal administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and in a team-orientated setting, including the ability to work remotely during the current conditions
- Knowledge of ALF is an asset
- Ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Experience with programs such as Worldox, Aderant, and Microsoft Teams and Planner are an asset
- A Legal Assistant or Paralegal certificate or diploma, or a combination of relevant skills and experience, is required
We reward your commitment and efforts with a competitive Total Compensation program, an annual Bonus program, monthly Wellness credits and personal learning and Professional Development opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended Health and Dental, a Health Spending Account, and a matching RSP program.
Apply in confidence via email with resume to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Contact us to learn more and explore opportunities by applying in confidence via email to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our firm, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits and Compensation
We reward your dedication and efforts with a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive compensation program that reflects your education and experience, a bonus program and professional development opportunities. Our benefits package includes:
- BC Medical Services
- Dental care
- Long term disability
- Extended health
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Group RSP / deferred profit sharing
- HealthCare Spending Account
We support and encourage the physical, social and emotional well-being of all members of the firm with a Wellness Program that includes both fitness credits and wellness reimbursements.
One of the best things about working at Pushor Mitchell is the people. We are fortunate to have a talented hard working group that knows how to get the job done and how to have a little fun while doing so.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to meeting you and exploring if our opportunity is the right fit for you!