Tom Fellhauer Appointed Queen’s Counsel
Pushor Mitchell partner Tom Fellhauer has been appointed Queen’s Counsel.
Appointments to Queen’s Counsel are made by Cabinet on the advice of the Attorney General of British Columbia. The advisory committee to the Attorney General includes:
- The Chief Justice of British Columbia
- The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- The Chief Judge of the Provincial Court
- Two members of the Law Society appointed by the Benchers
- The President of the Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- The Deputy Attorney General
Candidates must demonstrate professional integrity, good character and excellence in the practice of law. Such excellence is determined by the following conditions:
- acknowledged by their peers as leading counsel or exceptionally gifted practitioners
- demonstrated exceptional qualities of leadership in the profession, including in the conduct of the affairs of the Canadian Bar Association, the Law Society of British Columbia and other legal organizations
- outstanding work in the fields of legal education or legal scholarship
No more than 7% of the bar of British Columbia can be awarded the designation.
Congratulations Tom from the staff and lawyers at Pushor Mitchell!
Tom is a partner with Pushor Mitchell LLP who serves a wide range of clients. For over 30 years, Tom has been helping business owners, professionals, and high income and high net worth individuals to create tailored solutions to minimize taxes and avoid family disputes and tax problems. Tom also advises family-owned businesses on matters relating to business succession, corporate reorganizations, charitable foundations, trust planning, and tax audits, reassessments, objections and appeals.
Tom can be contacted on 250-869-1165 or email@example.com