Business Law Group – A Few Of Our Transactions
A few brief summaries of some sample selected transactions or continuing client relationships. Inclusion in the list has been authorized by our clients:
- Represented a family owned company in its buy-out of family members, including negotiation of the terms of transaction.
- Acted as British Columbia counsel to a Western-Canadian pharmacy chain in its recent financing.
- Represented a brewery in its reverse take-over of a publicly listed beer company.
- Acted for the purchaser of the assets of a small retail outlet located in downtown Kelowna.
- Completed a cross-border merger of a private Canadian software company with a private American company.
- Represent a local start-up technology company, including assisting the company with its incorporation, extra-provincial registration and initial financing rounds.
- Represented a Canadian mining company in the sale of its gold mine interests to a public American mining company.
- Assisted with both the purchase and sale of ski resorts and with negotiations for Master Development Agreements with the Crown for ski resorts.
- Assisted with the sales of privately owned utilities.
- Acted for a private British Columbia software company in a merger with a Bermuda based software company.
- Represented a British Columbia mining company in the acquisition and disposition of foreign mining interests.
- Act as counsel to post-secondary institutions in the Okanagan Valley.
- Assisted area golf courses and ski resorts with their financings.
- Completed transaction involving the purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial aircraft.
- Corporate counsel to BC division of a national media organization with numerous media outlets in BC.
- Act as counsel for various parties in the fruit growing and wine industries, including land owners, wineries, fruit processing, marketing and packing facilities.
- Act as corporate and franchise counsel for national retail franchisor with over 200 franchise locations across Canada.
- Acted for potential purchaser of partnership interest of NHL team.
- Acted (and continue to act) for insurance solution software firm in complex licensing agreement with large US insurance firm.
- Acted (and continue to act) for large northern BC timber product manufacturer in negotiating and finalizing agreements with international lumber company.
- Act as corporate counsel for a Western-Canadian oil and gas company with projects across BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
We can assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our business lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.
Theresa Arsenault, Q.C.