Buying or selling property is a major undertaking. Markets fluctuate which can lead to very different strategies depending on whether it is a buyers or a sellers market. Real estate laws and practises frequently change. Deals often close quickly which can be both exciting and stressful. Our real estate lawyers help thousands of clients complete their deals every year. We know what to expect and where the pitfalls are for all types of residential and commercial property transactions.
Residential Property Transactions
Home ownership may be the biggest investment you will ever make. There is a lot to consider such as do you want a detached home, a condo or a townhouse? How does a strata corporation work? Is it freehold or leasehold? What about financing, zoning, title encumbrances and encroachments? What is the difference between title insurance and a survey certificate? How carefully should a purchaser inspect the proposed property? What about the Property Transfer Tax? Is there GST to be paid? What will happen if there are ambiguities in the purchase/sale contract or if things are not included?
It can be complicated and each situation is different. Our real estate lawyers have been through the process countless times and will guide you through the details of buying or selling your property. We represent and advise purchasers, sellers and investors with their transactions including the following services:
- Residential Purchases and Sales
- Condominium Purchases and Sales
- Leased Land Transactions
- Mortgage Financing
- New Home Construction
Commercial Property Transactions
Commercial property transactions can have a significant impact on the bottom line of your business. Our real estate lawyers are well aware of this and are committed to working hard to close your deal in a manner that is right for your circumstances today and in the future.
We have been involved in the negotiation and completion of many commercial real estate transactions in the Okanagan, from small to large. Our business clients are involved in transactions such as the acquisition or sale of office buildings, industrial properties, apartment buildings, shopping centres, hotels and resort properties. We represent vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, developers, financial institutions and other lenders with all types of real estate transactions including:
- Commercial Purchases and Sales
- Commercial Financing and Mortgages
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Financing
- Land Development
- Condominium Developments
- Agricultural Land Purchases and Sales
- Agricultural Financing and Mortgages
Whether their need is for negotiating and drafting purchase agreements, carefully drafting a lease, or structuring a joint venture or limited partnership our real estate lawyers have the experience and resources to move quickly on virtually any type of transaction or financing.
Please contact one of our real estate lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.
- Call Date: 1980 250.869.1185 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1989 250.869.1175 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 1996 250.869.1130 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1997 250.869.1125 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2004 250.869.1245 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1135 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1140 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2013 250-869-1226 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2016 250-869-1295 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2017 250-869-1286 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
I have worked with Andrew Brunton for several years now and nearly every client we worked with together has said to me they were very pleased with Andrew's professionalism and attention to detail. They also said they would work with him again, as I have done myself time and time again.
We sold our home in Kelowna and were referred to our lawyer, Brian Stephenson, at Pushor Mitchell Lawyers by our Real Estate Agent. From the first call until the completion of our transaction, Brian was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable with his expertise. As well, he had a good sense of humour, which made us all feel comfortable and at ease, making the whole process go smoothly. We are happy to refer Brian’s services again, in future!
It is my pleasure to recommend Brian Stephenson as a highly professional and approachable lawyer who is as easy to talk to as he is competent and knowledgeable. When he handled all of the legal arrangements for the purchase of a condo, he guided us through the process efficiently and effectively.
Paul Tonita was without a doubt wonderful to deal with. Knowledgeable, expert advice and friendly – was an absolute pleasure.