Buying or selling property is a major undertaking. Markets fluctuate which can lead to very different strategies depending on whether it is a buyers or a sellers market. Real estate laws and practises frequently change. Deals often close quickly which can be both exciting and stressful. Our real estate lawyers help thousands of clients complete their deals every year. We know what to expect and where the pitfalls are for all types of residential and commercial property transactions.
Residential Property Transactions
Home ownership may be the biggest investment you will ever make. There is a lot to consider such as do you want a detached home, a condo or a townhouse? How does a strata corporation work? Is it freehold or leasehold? What about financing, zoning, title encumbrances and encroachments? What is the difference between title insurance and a survey certificate? How carefully should a purchaser inspect the proposed property? What about the Property Transfer Tax? Is there GST to be paid? What will happen if there are ambiguities in the purchase/sale contract or if things are not included?
It can be complicated and each situation is different. Our real estate lawyers have been through the process countless times and will guide you through the details of buying or selling your property. We represent and advise purchasers, sellers and investors with their transactions including the following services:
- Residential Purchases and Sales
- Condominium Purchases and Sales
- Leased Land Transactions
- Mortgage Financing
- New Home Construction
Commercial Property Transactions
Commercial property transactions can have a significant impact on the bottom line of your business. Our real estate lawyers are well aware of this and are committed to working hard to close your deal in a manner that is right for your circumstances today and in the future.
We have been involved in the negotiation and completion of many commercial real estate transactions in the Okanagan, from small to large. Our business clients are involved in transactions such as the acquisition or sale of office buildings, industrial properties, apartment buildings, shopping centres, hotels and resort properties. We represent vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, developers, financial institutions and other lenders with all types of real estate transactions including:
- Commercial Purchases and Sales
- Commercial Financing and Mortgages
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Financing
- Land Development
- Condominium Developments
- Agricultural Land Purchases and Sales
- Agricultural Financing and Mortgages
Whether their need is for negotiating and drafting purchase agreements, carefully drafting a lease, or structuring a joint venture or limited partnership our real estate lawyers have the experience and resources to move quickly on virtually any type of transaction or financing.
Please contact one of our real estate lawyers for more information or a confidential consultation.
- Call Date: 1980 250.869.1185 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1989 250.869.1175 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 1996 250.869.1130 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 1997 250.869.1125 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2004 250.869.1245 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1135 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2006 250.869.1140 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
- Call Date: 2013 250-869-1226 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Date: 2016 250-869-1295 | Toll Free 1.800.558.1155 email@example.com
I have worked with Andrew Brunton for several years now and nearly every client we worked with together has said to me they were very pleased with Andrew's professionalism and attention to detail. They also said they would work with him again, as I have done myself time and time again.
Vanessa recently helped my wife and I with the purchase of our new (to us) house as well as estate planning (wills). We have used Vanessa in the past and she has always been friendly, professional and expeditious. We had a very quick close on our new house (three weeks) and Vanessa made sure everything went smoothly. She was also able to do our estate planning in the same time frame so we could do all of the signing etc. for the house and wills on the same visit! Everything went perfectly. I would not hesitate to use Vanessa's services again and highly recommend her to all of my friends and family.