Ron’s practice areas are primarily business law, real estate law, estate planning and financial institution security.
He has been extensively involved in corporate reorganizations, corporate governance issues, and negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for entities that range from sole proprietorships to publicly traded entities. His real estate practice includes all matters relating to real estate acquisition, subdivision, development and financing. He also has significant experience working with financial institutions representing both lenders and borrowers with routine and complex lending transactions.
One of our Kelowna born and raised partners, Ron left the family orchard business to attend the University of British Columbia where he graduated with degrees in Commerce and Law. He started with Pushor Mitchell in 1985 and recently served as Managing Partner of the firm. He has been active in leadership roles with a number of community organizations including being co-chair of the inaugural gift of life campaign for the Kelowna General Hospital Foundation which has raised in excess of $1.4 million.
Away from the office, Ron and Lisa juggle their spare time with three active teenage daughters that keep them extremely busy, and some travel and enjoying good food and wine in the company of their friends.
*Providing services through a law corporation.
- Negotiating and advising on complex commercial contracts.
- Preparing and advising on commercial lending and finance matters.
- Counsel for residential and commercial developers.
- Purchase, sale and refinancing of residential and commercial real estate including new construction, existing property, and strata units on freehold or leasehold property.
- Estate Planning – Wills, Representation Agreements and Discretionary Trusts.